San Luis - San Luis - Argentina
The city of San Luis has a structure of hotels, restaurants, car rental agencies, shows for tourists can enjoy visiting the city. Villa de Merlo is considered the best climate in Argentina.
The city of San Luis is the capital of the province with the same name. It’s found at 790km from Buenos Aires.
The interest points are:
- The Cathedral finished in 1944
- The Santo Domingo Convent. It’s a building of the 18th century. It’s the city’s oldest building.
- The Bebedero Salt mines. They’re found at 50kms from San Luis city. It’s a Huge Salt Mine where the whole process of table salt production, from the extraction to the packaging, can be seen.
- The Potrero de Funes. Located at 19km from the city of San Luis. It’s a huge dam built at the ends of the 19th century and rebuilt in 1927. You can arrive here by the Quebrada de los Condores.
In the province’s country you can visit:
- Sierra de la Quijada National park. It’s located 123km from San Luis City and it was declared national park in 1991. the interesting reddish geological formations can be watched. It counts with scientifically interesting pale ontological deposits and one of the most interesting points is the Potrero de la Aguada, which is a natural formation in the shape of an amphitheatre.
- Merlo Villa. Located in a high steppe that’s 780metres over sea level, at 195km from the San Luis city, in the western end of the comechingones’ mountain range. It’s the main tourist villa of the province. It’s characterized by its micro-climate that highly beneficial to health. It’s considerate the world’s 3rd best micro-climate in terms of quality and stability. The villa counts with over 300 sunny days a year.
Argentina Travel Information in 12 languages
Other important destinations in Argentina are: