Mar del Plata - Buenos AIres - Argentina
The city of Mar del Plata is located in the Province of Buenos Aires of the Republic Argentina.Mar del Plata is located 400 km south of Buenos Aires. Tourists can reach Mar del Plata overland by car on Route 2 or by bus or by air. Sea floor has a large structure of hotels, restaurants, Rent a Car agencies for tourism as well as recreational activities.
The city of Mar del Plata is located 410 km away from the city of Buenos Aires. Mar del Plata was founded in 1874 by Don Patricio Peralta Ramos. It is characterized because of its huge tourist activity.
The main interest points are:
- San Martín Square. In one of its laterals the Cathedral of Pedro and Cecilia Saints.
- The San Martín pedestrian street
- La Rambla of Mar del Plata. It is the coast area on the sea joining the Casino, the Provincial Hotel and the Torreón del Monje. In La Rambla can be found the monument of the Lobos Marinos (the Seal) being a symbol of the city.
- The Harbor with the fishers’ verge of Mar del Plata where they tie their fishing boats. It is an outstanding area thanks to its gastronomic center with its fish and shell fish plates.
- Nuestra Señora de Lourdes Cave.
- Victoria Ocampo Villa
- The Mar del Plata Golf Club
- Güemes street where a lively night-life and fashionable stores can be found.
The city of Mar del Plata has a structure of tourism services: hotels, restaurants, theaters, cinemas, shopping centers, casinos, convention centers, exhibition centers, car rental agencies, spas to meet the needs of tourists.
Argentina Travel Information in 12 languages
Other important destinations in Argentina are: